Am I eligible to apply as an international student?
Eligible applicants must meet the following requirements.
- Applicants are neither Taiwan R.O.C. citizens nor overseas Chinese.
- Applicants who had Taiwan R.O.C nationality, must have given up their Taiwan R.O.C. nationality for 8 years or more and approved by the Ministry of the Interior Taiwan R.O.C. Counting back from the day of application, applicants must have continuously resided abroad for more than 6 years (8 years for School of Medicine and School of Dentistry applicants).
- For more information, please refer to the Regulations by Ministry of Education
How do I apply?
Currently we only accept application online. To apply, please go to our online application system: http://ioadmission.tmu.edu.tw/foreign
What is the requirement for my intended program?
Requirements for each program may vary, please refer to the brochure or contact your intended program(s) directly.
What are the programs offered by TMU and is it taught in English?
All graduate programs are instructed in English. (Except for data science)
Can I choose more than one program?
Yes, you can apply for up to 2 programs. However, each student can enroll in one program only.
I have been educated in an English-speaking country, do I still need to provide proof of English proficiency such as TOEFL or IELTS?
- All applicants must demonstrate a minimum level of proficiency in English for admission. You will need to submit an English proficiency certificate at CEFR B1 (Threshold) for Master Programs or CEFR B2 (Vantage) for Ph.D. Programs or above to satisfy the required competence level for your intended program.
- Applicants will be exempted from submitting English proficiency scores if you hold a bachelor’s degree completed in its entirety in an English-speaking country. Approved English-speaking countries are Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom and United States of America.
What should I do about recommendation letters?
All recommendation letters must be submitted online by the referees, not by the applicants.
Did you receive my letters of recommendation?
The status of recommendation letters will be updated through the online application system.
Proof of my admission application submisstion
An acknowledge email will be sent once you submit your application, you may use that email as the proof of your application.
Sending your TOEFL/ IELTS cores to TMU
How to check my application status?
Log in TMU admission system as a returning user Click “Application Status”
How long does it take to get a Master’s degree?
All our Master’s programs are designed as 2-year program. Graduation requirements vary from program to program, you are encouraged to contact your intended program(s) directly.
Why can’t I submit my application?
You need to fill out all required fields and upload all required documents in order to submit.
New account for reapplying to TMU
Creating a new account is required to reapply to TMU.
You are not allowed to copy data from the past application.
Create your new account through http://ogeadmission.tmu.edu.tw/foreign/sign.up/
How to join a Webex Meeting (Interview)
Join the interview by entering meeting ID and password or go directly to the link provided.
You must enter your email and your display name.
Display Name: Full Name on Passport (first name/ family name)
Do make sure your audio and video devices work as expected before your meeting.
Learn How to Join A Meeting
Webex help center
How do I apply for scholarships?
Admitted students will be reviewed and considered for TMU scholarships, also, you are encouraged to apply for the Taiwan Scholarship through the overseas Taiwan Representative Office in your hone country.
What is the length of the scholarship offered by TMU?
Master’s students: maximum of 23 months. Ph.D. students: maximum of 23 months.
What are the terms and conditions for TMU scholarships?
Maintain academic performance to a certain standard, complete required service hours and apply for annual renewal. Please refer to the regulations for more details.
Statement that the instruction language for my intended program is English