This Passport to Global Learning is your first step toward the world of international education!
Globalization isn’t just a slogan at TMU – university leaders have carefully planned and implemented internationalization as a vital part of each student’s experience
- Five core international abilities encourage student mobility and enhance multicultural contacts:
- 1. Understanding and appreciating cultural differences between different nations
- 2. Being intellectually empowered to analyze international affairs
- 3. Enhancing use of foreign language skills
- 4. Building mobility capacities and openness to foreign career paths
- 5. Understanding the obligations of international citizenship
- Five categories of global learning activities:
- 1. Language learning: foreign language courses (for credit) or language examination workshops, etc.
- 2. Cultural experiences such as the International Food Festival or International Culture Night
- 3. Academic training: international symposiums or workshops
- 4. Student volunteering: receptions for foreign guests
- 5. Course participation: for-credit globalization or multicultural courses